Mono and Atakora Departments
Results from 2020
89% of literate women can effectively read and write in the local language.
15,826 cases of illness, particularly malaria, treated by the mutual health insurance schemes supported by Louvain Coopération.
37% increase in the turnover of the 25 cassava processing cooperatives.
0.5‰ mortality rate among children aged 0 to 5 in the mutualist population compared to 13.7‰ in the general population of Atacora and 9‰ in that of Mono.
Access to healthcare
- support and development of mutual health insurance/li>
- strengthening of health system
Partners : UMUSOP, REMUSA ZS-C « MIVO »
Food and economic security
- strengthening and training of small entrepreneurs
- support for the processing and distribution of fonio in the Atakora department
- sevelopment of cassava processing and sales in the Mono department
Partners: GEL Nord Benin, GEL Sud Benin, GROPERE
ROMAINE, MONO DEPARTEMENT
"The support I received allowed me to diversify my activities and to strengthen my knowledge on business management and agroecology. I am now a certified agroecological farm entrepreneur because I have received a certificate and equipment to implement the practices I learned on my site. I am proud to be an agroecological role model, to share my knowledge with other women in my community and to sell healthy local products for consumers."